Last night I cried…

Trio_1

One of my very best friend, childhood brother, confidant --- Nates, will be leaving for UAE this weekend. It came as a surprise, although we know of his plans to leave the country, I didn't know it would be this soon. Though the contract is only for 2-3 years and he can make balik every year, his stay there may be longer especially if great opportunities knock, which we know will happen.

Trio2_1

Last night I cried…

Trio3_1

It didn’t sink in that easy, I just knew I'll be missing Nates. But last night’s despedida toma was different. Everybody’s holding tears. Two decades of friendship. He has always been the friend who is always there. Like, "literally" there. He'd text me always for a quick hi and hello, we'd have lunch–dinner-coffee, I’d stay in their house for no reason, he can make sermon about almost everything to me because I know he can be trusted and that he sincerely cares. I'd make him sermon even if he is in faraway places having the time of his life, I get advices from him, we'd exchange kilometric text messages --- 12 SMS in one sending, he'd show me his tailored hair, get my approval on his new look, his wardrobe, and he'd be the forever vain in all our pictorials --- that I would surely miss!

Trio4_1

Last night I cried…

Trio5_1

Surprisingly, during his despedida, we were all [Nates, Roan, Yehlen, Emman] crying during the paalam after toma [John was tulog na kse]. I don't know why but that night, it struck me that the following days, he won't be there next to me. I wouldn't have someone to share whatever with... my thoughts at work, my fears, my questions, my boylets, my daily kwentos. I realized that he has indeed became a part of me. And I of him. Even I was surprised when we cried [I’m not that bato pa rin pala]. What can I do... I'm bad with goodbyes. Thats why every despedida, I drink until I'm drunk... to drown the tears maybe. Too bad i was sober during Nate’s despedida... so the tears fell.

Trio6_1

Last night I cried…

Trio7_1

For the next lungkot nights, I’ll be alone. No more Nates to share late nights with. No more Nates to have coffee with, to watch movies with, to hang out with. With him I can be ME, tell the complexities of everything in my life. I’ll surely miss him, all our barkadas will.

To Nates, if you're reading this, thank you for the friendship... for the words of wisdom... for believing in me and making me feel good about myself. I appreciate everything we've shared and I know we'll be sharing more....

Trio8_2

Good luck to your next endeavor and I know that whatever you intend to do, you'll succeed! God bless you...

*Photos were taken before he finally packed up...




 

1 Response to “> naTes : Last night I cried…”

  1. rehabman

    I did not know you edited this entry. Thanks though, for making me look good as if I am the best friend anyone can have.Ingat kayo lagi and please tell everyone not to drink too much! Wait for me and let's all get drunk until the sun is way way UP!


Leave a Reply