> iF anD onLy iF

Author: aLmich

If only there were more sincere people out there I might actually rethink my philosophy in life, which is that: every person's a jerk until proven otherwise.

Yeah, I know it's such a harsh picture of reality that I'm painting for myself. Completely unhealthy and anti-social. But no matter how I hard to look at it from a different angle, another point of view, I keep ending up with the same pessimistic attitude.

It could be that I've been traumatized far too many times in the past, from situations wherein the people I trusted the most turned out to be the ones who hurt me in the worst kind of way possible. In short, best friends turned biggest assholes. I use the term friend here in the generic sense [It could refer to friends literally, acquaintances, even relatives].

During those times, I was always completely caught unprepared. Who wouldn't be? There was once a saying, "Against an enemy I can myself defend. But heaven protect me from a blundering friend." I cannot find anything more accurate than that.

Now I have new friends. I have Gretch, Nikki, Kate, Myah, Ryan, Ron, Rhon, JC, Sir Pauly, Sir Ferdz, Eddan, SQ pipol, HR pipol, Superpages pipol, Brooke, Dianna, Digisign pipol, iPrint pipol and a lot more. Who blunders? I don't know.

It's so sad how those what you thought to be your friends turned to be a snake ready to bite you dead. I've experienced those... trust me. I had Rien as a very-well-loved-and-treasured-friend and yet she bit me. So as Farrah [*good thing we managed to reclaim the friendship] and now the same thing is happening to Ryan and Gretch [With these I meant both having trouble with each other... Ryan and Gretch are mortal enemies now and we, their friends couldn't do anything but mumble our words].Why do you have to forget the friendship? Why say I don't need you in life? Why destroy everything? Why be drowned by the attention?
But then, shouldn't we be able to distinguish these persons from the rest? Why take it against the world, simply for the actions of quite a few? I can offer no sound justification.

It's a sad fact. I befuddle even myself.

Today, I live in a very jaded world, painted in all-black. It's not a very happy place to be in, I tell you. There are not enough words for me to express how much I'd like to move away from it. But my inner demons seem to always prevail.

It also doesn't help that I still meet these fake people I despise every now and then. They just reaffirm my personal beliefs. No matter how skewed. No matter how flawed.
It's kinda funny though how I slowly end up becoming the people I hate the most...
Sighs all over the place.

If only had the insight to look deeper into people --- and find the tiniest bit of good, even in the most evil person around. Maybe I would be a whole lot better. A better person. A better man.
That is, if only.

Because I've never been the better man.

Sad but true.

 

4 Responses to “> iF anD onLy iF”

  1. Anonymous

    question: sigurado ka bang sila ang nagkamali na saktan ka o baka naman may ginawa kang bagay o mga kathang isip na napatunayan nilang walang katotohan? lalu na siguro kung ang mga bagay na ito ay may kinalaman sa buhay mo at kung anong imahe ang nais mong isipin nila tungkol sayo. minsan kasi, kapag masyado na taong nasasanay na gumawa o magsabi ng mga bagay na walang katotohanan, pati sarili natin napapaniwala na rin natin na yun ang realidad kahit hindi. palagay mo?


  2. Anonymous

    question : sagutin mo nga yang komento na yan... may pinatutunguhan na yang komentong yan? tungkol ba ito sa dati nating kaibigan na lahat tayo trinaydor? alam ba ng mga taong ito kung ano talaga ang napatunayan ng taong yon? napatunayan nga ba o dinaan sa kuwento? natanong naba nila talaga yong mga tunay mo ng kaibigan mula pa sa simula? alam ba ng mga taong naging nasa kanyang panig kung ano din ang mga kuwentong ikinabit nya sa pangalan nila? sagutin mo nga to... ipagtanggol mo naman sarili mo!


  3. Anonymous

    wow! parang alam ko to ah! alam nyo tapos na to eh. masaya na sila pareho. kung si r masaya na sa buhay nya, si a masaya na rin. wala na tayo magagawa dun, nagsaulian na sila ng kandila. napatunayan na kung sino ang mga tunay na kaibigan nila. yong mga sinabing trinaydor ni r naka-moveon na. ung mga bago nyang kaibigan na ginagawa nyang katatawanan dati eh maayos na. siguro naman alam na nila belle, kaye at ver kung paano sila kunukuwento ni r sa mga tao. si a naman pigil na ang bibig sa kadaldalan. mahirap kse dito kay a pasikat din eh, minsan di mo alam kung nagloloko o seryoso na.


  4. aLmich

    >hmmm.. what has been happening here? what can i say? peace!!! i'm even willing to make peace with her. let the spirit of xmas "rien" our hearts! hehehe
    > sabi nga ni sir G - mahal ko kayong lahat. okay na yon.


Leave a Reply