> oh mY cHocnuT

Author: aLmich

When I was a kid Chocnut cost only 50 centavos/piece. Yes, that's how old I am. I used to go with my lolo's new asawa [Tita Luming] sa palengke. Right next to the paradahan ng jeep pa-balocbaloc was a sari-sari store where I would buy five pieces of Chocnut with P2.50. You open that wrapper carefully and there was this promo where if you complete the numbers 1 to 5, you win P3.00. So I would collect those wrappers, until one day I actually completed them. I won P3.00 and bought six Chocnuts with it.

What I like about Chocnut is they somewhat retained the retro packaging.

What I don't like is how they changed the taste. It used to be more crumbly and peanutty. Now it's just sweeter and creamier. I was looking for that old Chocnut taste when I came across Chocomani at the supermarket.

I liked the name. The first time I bought it, my friend and I split it and finished it inside her car. Next time, I took a picture and posted it on my friendster blog as one gift I'd like to receive for Christmas. One kuripot friend saw it and took advantage. And so he sent me chocomanis.

Honestly I thought I would get a pack of it—not this dami! So generous! Christmas came early. Thank you Arman.

 

1 Response to “> oh mY cHocnuT”

  1. Anonymous

    OMG! i'm missing my childhood days! i just love you fro posting this.. : )


Leave a Reply